Saturday, July 31, 2010

battery operated alarm clocks...

The INFAMOUS clock!

I can just not win! I had to work EXTRA early this morning & wouldn't you know it but my alarm clock took a dump! When I say EXTRA early I mean 3AM where I'm actually waking up at 2 & when I say took it a dump I mean it DID NOT go off at all! The darn clock was stuck on 12:52am as if it thought it was keeping the correct time! UGH! It's rough working these CRAZY hours but you do what you have to do to earn that almighty dollar! When I work these wacky schedules I will stay down at my Mom's house so I can just roll out of bed & not have to make that LONG trek of a drive in the wee hours of the morning. Trust me that extra hour saved makes a HUGE difference! What makes matters even worse is that I am a routine girl. I need to do things the way I normally do them & if I veer from my "norm" things usually go wrong, really really wrong. I will think I'm dreaming or just sleep through the alarm. That would be VERY VERY bad! Part of this routine I keep is that I wear ear plugs to block out ALL noises, mostly my hubby's snoring, but that's another story! Just before I lay down I check the alarm clock to make sure it is set correctly & that it is atually tuned in to a station so something other than white noise will wake me up. Now getting to the alarm clock, I use this OLD battery operated one because I once had one that was electric & the one night I needed to be awoken we we lost power so it NEVER went off & I of course slept in. Arghh... Being that I am SO set in my ways it seems difficult for me to even try "something new" in the alarm clock dept, ie: my cell phone. I just cannot even attempt it for fear someone will call me on the one night I need to sleep! I can just about imagine MY friends calling or texting me in the MIDDLE of the night! Just the thought of that blows that plan out of the water! LOL! So now I have to go find me some new batteries to prevent any more issues! Oh what would I do without...

battery operated alarm clocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear your opinion! [=