Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MiSsIoNs...

It seems that I am ALWAYS on some sort of a mission. My latest quest to find answers regarding my daughter attending speech has given me my NEWEST mission, making things easier for new parents to the school system. I'll admit it, I am a newbie! I do not know the in's & out's of the Palm Beach County School System nor do I want EVERY detail. I just want answers and I want them to be easily explained to me. No rigamaroll just stick to the facts & I'll be happy I promise! I am a planner at heart & like having new things explained to me. However I do NOT like walking into CHAOS! That is exactly what trying to get my daughter registered for speech was, CHAOTIC! Departments were closed, children were displaced, information was not available and most of all no one knew what to tell this first time parent to the ESE program. I felt quite HOPELESS! Note to those making these decisions, make them in June NOT the day before school is to start. Nothing like having all of your teachers & administrators come back to work the same week that they have school registration. I'm sure I am not the only one seeing a problem with this! All this mom wanted to do was know where her daughter would be attending, what days she would have her speech class & of course who her teacher would be. I was given all kinds of information but nothing concrete and most of all helpful. I was sent back & forth between two different schools trying to get her registered. {Neither school had her listed as attending there} & then I was told busing would NOT be available the first week. {No one told me that in June} SO many things were NOT explained to me that I wonder if other parents have had this happen to them. Now you can see my new mission, to help other parents who might be in my shoes. I want to help organize their "system", to come up with a plan that will make life simpler for parents. I know this will NOT be an easy task & I will have an uphill battle but I am up for the task. This is just me & one of my many...


MiSsIoNs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear your opinion! [=