Monday, October 11, 2010

Google yourself...

I am amazed at how often I will Google something. If I need to find an address I Google it, if I need more info on a product I Google it. Google, Google, Google... However I never thought to Google myself & one day I did just that. It was interesting the various places my name came up in. There is actually another Cathy Fulton out there, she is a Doctor, definitely NOT me! LOL! When I did come across things pertaining to me there was the blogging community & of course Face Book but then it was also attached to some online newspaper articles from when the tribe was born. There I was starting to read the articles about our little miracles, reminiscing about our journey when smack the ugliness of people came out! Some of the comments people made about our little miracles was just SO ugly! Just because we could NOT get pregnant the "normal" way & had to resort to IVF to make our dream of having a family come true does not make it right for people to bash us. People need to do their research before saying such mean things! One thing that I was recently told was that there is a 5% chance for an embryo to split & we were that 5%. Yes what are the odds our "trips" would turn into quads? I now know, 5%! See that, we did not intentionally set out to have 4 babies. I really do believe that was totally a God thing. I had never been pregnant before & never had an embryo implant & WHAM all three took & then one split! WOW! You can not tell me that is not a miracle! And for people to then tell us that we should "selectively reduce" the pregnancy like they know what they are talking about is ludicrous! Any time you enter a woman's uterus to "reduce" a pregnancy you are creating a toxic environment for those other babies. That is asinine & we would have NO part of that. In the end our babies were born healthy all thanks to some AWESOME doctors & the fact that we have insurance! We are not or ever have been on welfare. We have insurance, albeit crappy insurance, but at least we have health care! YAY! One of the BIGGEST myth's I need to rebuke is that we do NOT get anything FREE. Yes some companies have programs for families with multiples & will give us coupons for FREE formula & diapers but it does not last forever. They do not just send us FREE DIAPERS FOREVER because we had multiples, it does not work that way. We were VERY lucky to have had our family & friends throw us baby showers & we received a TON of stuff most importantly diapers. We had SO many diapers that we did not have to buy any for almost 6 months! Yes SIX Whole months! AMAZING but true! We also had some of the BEST volunteers come assist us those first few months from our church. This was prayed upon & God again provided. Thank the Lord for that! So please when you see a mom or dad like us out & about trust that they are hard working people just wanting the best for their children. Don't go assuming that just because they had a "litter", their words not mine, they are abusing the system & do not deserve to be a parent. Be nice & acknowledge the good things they are doing. Remember we all deserve to hear something positive. It's amazing what happens when you...

Google yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear your opinion! [=